Wednesday, April 14, 2010

One Thing At A Time

Today I woke up and felt a little overwhelmed at all I wanted to accomplish today.  I do tend to stress over things and get anxious.  Then I feel rushed throughout the day and get a little short with the children.  And why?  I am a stay at home mother trying to succeed in creating a loving, peaceful environment for my children and myself.  I am sure my children would prefer a calm mother who is patient with them and has a messy house to a frantic, rushing mother who is a little short with them but has a clean house.  So today to get through my day I am going to make a list of what I need to do and then focus on one thing at a time without worrying about what else is on the list.  And when my children need me I am going to stop what I am doing and focus on them.  Worrying that the laundry is not getting folded while I am holding my little boy isn't doing either of us any good.  I want to enjoy these moments as they pass so swiftly.

So here is my list for today:
  • do the dishes and tidy the kitchen
  • sweep the floors
  • fold laundry
  • feed the chickens and gather eggs
  • start supper in the slow cooker
  • exercise
  • do bookwork and work on income taxes
  • clean eggs
  • tidy living room 
  • do baking with girls after school
It really isn't so bad but I am not looking forward to doing my taxes but it has to be done.  But no worrying about that until I get to that task.  I am going to try and focus on being in the moment and enjoying the task I am doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment