Sunday, April 11, 2010

Baking (sort of) With The Girls

Today the girls and I made rice krispy squares  (thats the sort of, making rice krispy squares is not really baking)  However it is good to spend time in the kitchen with them.  Yes, it is easier and faster to do it myself but it can be more fun to do it together and it is a great learning experience for them.  I am hoping that by doing this with them now in a few years time I will be able to sit back and have them bake me somthing.  I often have to remind myself to be patient and let them do things even if they are a little messier than I would like or it doesn't get done exactly right.  Today I showed my oldest how to operate the stove and she was in charge of melting the marshmallows.  The girls enjoyed watching them melt into a gooey mess and then mixing them into the rice kripies.  Yummmm!

No comments:

Post a Comment