Monday, April 12, 2010

Menu Plan Monday

One of my main duties as a home maker is the making and serving of nutritious, delicious meals to nourish my family.  However, I don't particularly like cooking and am not very good at it.  In an effort to make nutritious home cooked meals every day I have decided to try to make a menu plan every week to simplify the task.  Org junkie hosts menu plan monday everyweek and hundreds of bloggers post their menu plans there.  I have tried menu planning in the past but never really kept it up.  Hopefully by posting my menu here I will stick to it and continue to make a plan every week.

Monday: home made bread, tomato soup, devilled eggs, and raw veggies
I am running low on bread so I will mix up a batch today and we will have a loaf with supper.  The tomato soup is in the freezer leftover from last week when I made a big pot of tomato soup.  We will round out the meal with devilled eggs (which my oldest loves) and raw veggies.

Tuesday: ham, mashed potatoes, and corn
I will cook up a large ham to use this week and make extra mashed potatoes to use in potato rolls.

Wednesday:  Heavenly Ham Casserole
I will make this casserole with the leftover ham, potatoes, carrots, onions and cream of mushroom soup.  I will try to put it in the slow cooker in the morning to give me more time with the girls after school.  I may try to make some cookies or a dessert with them.

Thursday:  Cheddar-Ham Oven Omelet, Fruit Salad, Potatoe Rolls
I will make 1/2 of the omelet recipe with leftover ham if there is still some left.  Otherwise it will just be with cheese.  I will make the potatoe rolls with left over mashed potates from tuesday.

Friday:  Beef Stroganoff with Egg noodles, frozen veggies
I will make beef stroganoff in the slow cooker, serve over egg noodles, and add some frozen veggies on the side.

Saturday:  Leftovers
We will use up any leftovers or have a simple meal of sandwiches or pancakes.

Sunday:  Spaghetti and tomato meat sauce.

There that's it.  I will let you know next week how it went.  For great menu ideas head over to the org junkie for menu plan monday.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great menu! I don't consider myself a very good cook, either, but have really enjoyed the "learning process" during my last two years of staying home with the kids. I love menu planning and it makes life so much easier and cooking a much more pleasant activity!

    ReplyDelete