Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Yarn Along: Beach Bag, Jar Cozy, Mystery Afghan

It has been a while since I did a blog post but I decided to hop on the computer today and join in Ginny's yarn along.  Since it has been a little while I have a few things to share.

First up I made this simple jar cozy for a canning jar I am using as a water bottle.  I know that I haven't been drinking enough water lately so hopefully having this colourful drinking container will encourage me to drink water throughout the day.

Next up is this market bag (that I am planning on using as a beach bag) that I first shared with you all here.  It turned out nice and I think it will come in handy.  It is quite large and it will stretch to hold quite a bit.  I didn't make the pouch as I didn't need it in this case but I am thinking of making some more of these to actually use as market bags and I will make them with the pouch. 

And lastly I have finally finished my Bernat Mystery Afghan.  It came together quite nicely.  And whilel I was dreading seaming it all together it really wasn't all that bad.  It took a little while (and of course it was less portable at that stage) but I eventually got it done.

LT seems quite happy with her new blanket.

Oh, and I almost forgot to share what I have been reading this week.  I purchased some books for the girls for end of the school year presents and of course mom's got to read them first to see if they're okay;)  So at night (in hiding) I have been reading The Betsy-Tacy Treasury by Maud Hart Lovelace.  They are lovely stories and I hope my girls enjoy them as much as I do.

Also after seeing them mentioned on Elizabeth's blog I downloaded some books by Grace Livingston Hill onto my Kobo from Project: Gutenberg (This is a great site where you can get free ebooks of books that are in the public domain).  You can also find these books on Amazon for the Kindle.  I am currently reading Girl From Montana and finding it to be an enjoyable read.

 

4 comments:

  1. Oh, I love the afghan. What beautiful colors and a really neat looking pattern.

    Thank you for sharing
    Blessings
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blanket is gorgeous! It does look like a lot of piece-work, but well worth it! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful work! I love the afghan. We just purchased a Betsy-Tacy book as well! So nice to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The afghan looks really nice! I'm glad you included the picture of LT - I would have guessed it was much smaller.

    ReplyDelete