Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Garden Journal

 Over at Small Things Ginny has started a garden link-up and I thought I would join in (late as usual).  I definitely need some motivation and accountability to keep up with all the garden work I have waiting for me.  There is not much happening in the garden yet here in Saskatchewan but there is still a lot to do to get ready for the garden season.
 
My rhubarb is growing well though and will soon be ready to eat.  (Yes, Jax decided he needed to be in the picture too!)

Here I have some chives growing nicely.  Every year my mom gives me some chive plants and I usually manage to kill them (or hubby cultivates them) before the year is out.  Finally, this year they survived and came back on their own.  Yeah!

These are some tomato seedlings in my kitchen window that I started on Apr. 16, 2012.  They came up on Apr. 23, 2012 and are doing well.

Yesterday was nice and I did some planting with the girls.  Star wanted to grow some flowers so we planted some marigolds. I also started some parsley, dill, and basil.

Sky planted some marigolds as well and then she was kind enough to push LT in the stroller to keep her happy as we finished up.

 These little yellow flowers seem to pop up all over the yard with no help from me ;).

LK is very happy to pick them and lovingly offers them to me. 
What a sweet gift given with a big smile!

How does your garden grow?








No comments:

Post a Comment