Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Yarn Along - Mini Pouches


Stopping in for a quick (and late) yarn along.  Not much crocheting happening here this week but I did make up a few of these mini-pouches to put some treats in for Valentine's day.  These are really quite small but were perfect for a couple of hair clips and Hershey kisses for my sweet girls on a sweet day.


I am very excited to be participating in the Bernat Mystery Afghan CAL (crochet-a-long).  It is my first time doing a CAL and it will be my first time making a large afghan.  I've started a few but never finished them.  Here's hoping that doing it as a CAL will keep be motivated to finish it.  The first clue came out today and I can't wait to get started but in the meantime here is the yarn I am using.

On the reading front I have been reading the Women of the West books by Janette Oke.  I have been borrowing the ebooks from the library to read on my Kobo. I think I first read these in  high school and I really enjoyed them.  There are few that I haven't read yet and I have been enjoying them all again.  It is light reading which is a perfect end to a busy day.  If you like christian or pioneer fiction be sure to  check them out. 

1 comment: