Thursday, December 29, 2011

Christmas Baking: Butter Tart Slice

Well here it is January already.  I hope everyone had a good holiday.  Ours was busy, fun-filled and over too fast.  I know this is late in going up but I wanted to finish posting all the recipes for the Christmas goodies I baked.  I am back dating this for December so that next year I can find all the Christmas baking posts in December.  All of the goodies went over well and I had plenty to put out a large tray of cookies at least 3 times over the holidays.

Today I am sharing with you a recipe for a butter tart slice.  I love butter tarts!  However, I don't always have the time to make a crust, roll it out, and cut out circles for tarts.  So instead I throw together this butter tart slice.  It is simple and easy to make.  The only thing I suggest is lining the pan with parchment paper as the filling is quite sticky.

Butter Tart Slice

1 1/4 cups flour
1/2 cup butter
1/4 cup brown sugar

Combine and press into a 9 inch pan.  Bake 15 minutes at 350* F.

1/3 cup melted butter
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup brown sugar
1 tbsp. flour
2 tbsp. cream
1 cup raisans
1 egg beaten slightly

Mix above ingredients and spread over baked base.  Bake again for 20 to 30 minutes in a 350*F oven.  Cool and slice.

I doubled this recipe and made it in a large approx. 9" x 13" pan.

No comments:

Post a Comment