Monday, November 28, 2011

Daybook - Nov. 28, 2011


 
FOR TODAY

Outside my window...the trees are bare of any leaves, there are a few white patches of snow that haven't melted from our last snowfall, and the windmill is turning swiftly in the wind.

I am thinking...about celebrating advent and the upcoming Christmas holiday.

I am thankful...for a kind, loving, helpful, hardworking husband.


In the kitchen...I have some banana's that are going to be made into banana bread today and some ground beef that is going to be made into meatballs.  The meatballs will go into the slow cooker so as to be ready when we get home from skating today.

I am wearing...gray sweatpants and a gray T-shirt.  I am all about comfort when I am at home.

I am creating...a crochet turtle for Sky.  Also we are starting to put up a few Christmas decorations and I have to get a Jesse tree put together today.

I am going... to take the older girls to skating tonight and on Friday.  Tomorrow I will do some shopping and take LK to the tot spot.  Hopefully the rest of the week I will be able to stay at home.

I am wondering...why on the slough there are spots where the ice is so clear it almost looks like open water when the rest of the ice is white (the clear spots seem to be frozen just as hard as the everywhere else but it looks so different).

Here Star is checking out one of the afore mentioned spots.


I am reading...Large Family Logistics by Kim Brenneman.  I don't think I quite qualify as having a large family but it has some good tips.  For light reading I am enjoying Mrs. Miracle by Debbie Macomber.

I am hoping...that we continue to get some nice weather in December.  It is much nicer when we can spend time everyday outside.

I am looking forward to...having some company on the weekend and celebrating Sky's 8th birthday.

I am hearing...LK watching TV in the background.  Time to get to get off the computer so as to turn the TV off and have him help me do laundry.

Around the house...today the living room needs vacuuming and laundry needs to be done.  Hubby was wonderful and cleaned the porch and the kitchen yesterday.  I have the advent wreath out but still need to set up a Jesse Tree.


One of my favorite things...the Christmas season.  I am excited advent is here and we start the countdown to Christmas.

A few plans for the rest of the week:  I am hoping to get started on some Christmas baking this week.  Also I have to go through LK's clothes.  Most of his pants are too short.  I have lot's of hand me downs for him to wear I just have to go through them and get them into his dresser and the too small stuff put away.

Here is picture (or two) for thought I am sharing...

Two of my most precious blessings.

LT sure is growing fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment