Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Weekly Update: A Wet Spring, LK Outside, A Night Away

It has been a very wet spring here and this past week was no different.  I have not got any garden planted yet and this is what my garden looked like last week.

As you can see it is very muddy and full of standing water.  As it has been raining all day today I don't think it is getting any drier.  As it is already pretty late in the season I think I may not have a garden this year.  It is a little disappointing.  However with being pregnant and having a busy little guy who keeps me hopping it may be for the best.  I am already feeling quite large, sore, and tired with this pregnancy.  It's hard to believe with my first at this time I was barely showing and with this fourth pregnancy I am already starting to waddle when I am tired. 

LK is getting to be very active.  He loves being outside and cries when we have to go in.  One of his favorite places to go to is the chicken coop.  He likes watching the chickens and feeding them some grass.  There is also a kitten that hangs out their that he likes to visit.



I have to be on my toes when outside as he does wander off on me frequently.  However in most cases when I can't find him I go look by the chicken coop and there he is chasing the kitten around or watching the chickens.

In other news this past weekend Hubby and I went away for a night.  Grandma graciously volunteered to watch the kiddos.  It was our first time being apart from LK and I was a little worried about leaving him as he is a bit of a mama's boy.  However, he was fine and everyone was happy because he would let them hold him since I wasn't around to cling to.  Hubby and I spent the night at the Manitou Springs Resort Hotel and Mineral Spa.  It was a nice, relaxing time.  The water there is really interesting and you float with no effort.  With this pregnant belly I could literally be straight up in down in the deep water and I would just float there.  Hubby wasn't quite as buoyant but he definitely could easily float on his back with no effort.


We also spent the day in the city yesterday getting our applications in for our passports.  We are thinking of going to Yellowstone this year for our camping trip.  LK was not happy about getting his picture taken but we were able to get an acceptable one after giving him the keys to play with.


Here I am with my pregnant belly in front of Manitou Lake.



No comments:

Post a Comment