Monday, August 16, 2010

Summer Just Keeps Flying By

Another week has flown by.  We had a good week last week.  My sister-in-law came with her six kids to visit for a couple of days.  With that many little ones running around you are kept on your toes.  The girls had a great time with their cousins though and they would spend hours outside playing in the barn and whatnot.  This is the stuff summers are made of; being able to just play outside all day.  With the rural population in Sask. decreasing we don't have many close neighbours and none with young kids.  The girls do get bored outside with just themselves to play with.  So it was nice to have the cousins around. 

Also last week the circus was in our town. The circus rarely comes to our small town so I thought I should support it.  It wasn't a big show (no elephants) but it was enjoyable and the girls had fun there. 

Then we had some cooler weather and the girls had fun playing (and making a mess) indoors.  I made some play dough using this recipe.  It turned out very nice and they played with it for quite a while.  They also made a fort in my living room and had a lot of fun playing in it.  My little boy even got to hang out in it for a while.

It is a simple fort just made with a card table and a sheet over it.
What cuties! I think they are having fun.

My house is messy, there is laundry to be done, and at times I can be a little impatient with children.  I am going to try and enjoy the little bit of summer holidays that is left (without letting the house fall into utter chaos).  There is only a week and a half until school starts and while I am looking forward to a more regular routine I am going to miss having my girls around and the freedom of no schedule. 

No comments:

Post a Comment