Wednesday, March 20, 2013


Happy first day of spring.  Ha ha ha, spring, that is funny.  It is -10*C outside with a windchill factor of -20*C.  There are snow drifts taller than me out there, and it is blowing so hard I can't see across the yard.  Happy spring indeed.  Oh well spring will come when it is ready, I guess.

Anyways I thought I would share a little about my afternoon yesterday.  I was in the bedroom folding laundry and when I poked my head out to check on the kiddos I discovered LK trying to cut LT's hair. After a stern lecture (which I'm sure did absolutely no good) I encouraged him to cut some paper instead.  But as he had cut a bunch of paper that morning he wasn't interested.  So I gave him some of my scraps of yarn to cut.  He did try that a bit but they were a little hard to cut.  Then I printed some pictures of sheep and decided we would decorate them by gluing the yarn on the them. I let him paint the glue on the sheep and then add the yarn.  He was more interested in the painting then and so moved on to painting a bunch of pictures.  LT, of course, was right in the middle of it all and joined in as well.  Needless to say I still have laundry to fold.









PS.  This morning as we were cuddling in bed LK was playing with my hair and said "cut hair mom?".  I don't think he has gotten this idea out of his system yet so I will have to keep a close eye on the scissors.



No comments:

Post a Comment