Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Yarn Along: Mystery Afghan


I am joining Ginny again this week for her Yarn Along.  I have not been reading much this week.  I think I have a bit of readers ADD as I have been reading bits and pieces from a variety of books. I am currently working my way through a parenting book (Kid Cooperation by Elizabeth Pantley), a religious book (Jesus of Nazareth by Pope Benedict XVI), and a dog training book (Dog Training for Kids by Carol Lea Benjamin).

I have finally finished all the motifs for the Bernat Mystery Afghan that I am working on.  I have been having a lot fun doing this mystery afghan crochet-a-long.  I am a little disappointed in the final project as it is really not my style.  However, when it is a mystery you never know what you will get and that is a big part of the fun of it.  Now comes my favorite part (not!) seaming it all together.  I have been playing with a few different layouts.  Which one do you like best?  (Sorry the pictures are not the best and some don't show the whole thing but hopefully you get the gist of it)

Layout #1
This is the official layout given us by the Bernat designers.

Layout #1 with squares switched.
This is the same layout just with the dark green bobble squares moved to the outside to break up some of the white.

Layout #2
This is a more square layout, that someone came up with at the Bernat forums.  I really like this one.

Layout #3
This one is pretty too.

So which one would you pick Layout 1, 2, or 3?

4 comments:

  1. Oh my! Guess you could make one of each? Just teasing. I like the second one best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Number 2! The colors are pretty. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These colours are so beautiful! I'll throw a spanner in the works and say #3!!

    ReplyDelete